Travel to Camp by Plane
While most of our campers are from Texas or within driving distance, we do have lots of campers that will be flying to and from camp. We will help coordinate arrivals and departures of your children.
Please try to schedule any flights TO camp on Opening Day to arrive between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM at Austin Bergstrom Airport. If that is not possible, please coordinate with us BEFORE you book your flights.
Some general FAQ:
- If possible, please try to make your flights to Austin Bergstrom International Airport. This allows us to best coordinate pickups and drops off. If San Antonio Airport is your best option, we can make that work.
- If your child is flying alone, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the airline’s unaccompanied minor policies. We ask that you pay the unaccompanied minor fees and/or Baggage fees ahead of time to make your kids' travel as easy as possible.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you fill out your transportation form with all of the flight information. That is what we will use to coordinate pick ups and drop offs. If your travel plans change for any reason, please let us know.
- We will give you contact information the day before your camper travels of the staff person that will be picking up your child at the airport. We will also confirm with you when your camper arrives at the airport.
- If your campers do not want to carry luggage for their flights, you are welcome to ship luggage to camp. We will accept baggage deliveries the week prior to each session.
- We will have an airport bus taking campers to CYJ. There is no cost for that bus on opening day of each session.
Keep reading to find out about Traveling HOME from Camp by Plane