Camp Young Judaea is located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, less than an hour outside of Austin in Wimberley, Texas.
When it comes to our facilities, we’ve spared no expense! Every cabin, sports field, and activity center has been designed to advance our deepest values—building community, developing skills, and helping our campers grow in confidence and character!
Our grounds include the following and more:
A state-of-the-art swimming facility, including 2 three-story water slides!
50-foot climbing wall & giant swing accessible to all ages; a full ropes course with both high and low courses, (plus our awesome zip-line!)
CAMP GARDEN & FARM
Come here to learn the basics of cultivating vegetables and connecting to our food and visit the chickens and goats too!
A great place for swimming and canoeing out in nature; features our charming treehouse and awesome slide!
ACROSS THE LAKE
Our largest untouched field, perfect for camping out and hiking
SPECIAL ACTIVITY AREAS
Our camp is outfitted with special spaces and equipment, guaranteeing an amazingly exciting summer full of fun!
Check out our:
- 2 Gaga courts
- Giant chess set
- A full-size playground, including 2 rope zip-lines
- 9 Square in the air court
- Outdoor exercise equipment
- Campfire circle for singing around the fire
- 2 beautiful gazebos—perfect hang-outs for downtime with friends
A full array of sports facilities including:
- 6 tennis courts with lights
- Baseball diamond
- Archery range
- Soccer field
- Sand volleyball courts
- Covered basketball court with lights
22 spacious, air-conditioned cabins. Each has their own bathrooms, comfortable beds, and private cubbies for personal belongings.
When you’re a camp full of dancing and singing, parties and performances, arts and crafts, jam band, model-making, Newstube… you need high-quality activity centers. We’ve got a bunch:
- Beit Ha’Am – Our largest center, equipped with full-size stage, built-in AV equipment, and a fully-stocked arts and crafts studio
- Outdoor Amphitheater – Right by the lake, this airy space is perfect for learning sessions and performances
- The Zoid – home to many of our dance activities, performances, and educational programs
Staffed by certified professionals 24-hours a day, this center is fully-equipped with modern diagnostic tools and bedrooms for anyone feeling under the weather
More than our office space and additional activity area, the Shalom Center is also the base for our Camper Care staff, including our Camp Mom and Inclusion Specialist
Our dining hall has two kosher kitchens and enough space for the entire camp. Attached is the Fisch House, home of our baking and cooking activities.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING CENTER (ELC)
This special activity center was built using advanced environmental designs, featuring solar panels, water-harvesting capabilities, and a prairie roof. The center also includes our canteen, the only snack center in Texas to deal exclusively in shekels!