On closing day, we will send every child home on a bus*. Buses will drop off in Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and the San Antonio and Austin airport for those campers flying home. Bus transportation will be included at no extra cost to you. Taking the bus home saves parents from taking the day off of work for pickup. At camp, our staff will ensure that campers have all of their belongings loaded on the bus. We will have staff on the bus home with the kids, and we will pack snacks, drinks, and movies to keep everyone happy for the ride home.
We will email parents when the buses leave camp and offer approximate arrival times.
Here are the bus times for closing day:
|TO CITY||DEPARTURE FROM CAMP||ARRIVAL TIME||PICK UP LOCATION|
|Houston||9:45 AM||1:00 PM||Congregation Beth Israel 5600 N Braeswood Blvd Houston 77096|
|Dallas||8:45 AM||1:00 PM||Preston & Frankford (NE Corner) Dallas 75252|
|San Antonio||9:00 AM||10:30 AM||Congregation Agudas Achim 16550 Huebner Rd San Antonio 78248|
|Austin||9:15 AM||10:30 AM||Jewish Community Center of Austin 7300 Hart Ln Austin 78731|
|Austin Airport San Antonio Airport||9:00 AM 10:00 AM||10:00 AM 11:00 AM||N/A N/A|
Safety for our campers and staff is our top priority when riding home on the bus. Our staff are trained on proper safety procedures and protocols that are outlined below.
Vehicle safety information & bus rules
- All campers must always remain seated while the bus is moving
- No campers are allowed to leave the bus before arriving at the destination
- Only CYJ staff members will designate when campers can leave the bus and depart the drop-off location with a parent/guardian
- Each vehicle can only hold the number of passengers established by the vehicle manufacturer
- All passengers must wear a seatbelt/restraint device when present in the vehicle
- A CYJ staff member must always be present in the vehicle when campers are inside
- Campers are only permitted to travel in vehicles designed to carry passengers
Want to get the whole travel picture? Read up on Opening Day, too.