Travel Home from Camp by Plane
Please note that we will be dropping off all campers who are flying home at the airport at 10 am on Closing Day. Try to schedule any flights from camp on Closing Day from Austin Bergstrom Airport with enough time for your camper to go through security and board their flight. If that is not possible, please coordinate with us BEFORE you book your flights. Ideal flights home will depart between 12 pm-2 pm.
**We are currently looking for parent volunteers to fly home with our Florida group in Session Two. If you are interested please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some general flight FAQ:
- If you want your child to fly home on either of the chaperoned flights above, please email us at email@example.com for the chaperone's confirmation number. This will allow you to book an unaccompanied minor and tie it to the chaperone's ticket.
- If possible, please try to make your flights from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. This allows us to best coordinate drops off. If San Antonio Airport is your best option, we can make that work.
- If your child is flying alone, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the airline’s unaccompanied minor policies. We ask that you pay the unaccompanied minor fees ahead of time to make your kids' travel as easy as possible.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you fill out your transportation form with all of the flight information including confirmation number. If your travel plans change for any reason, please let us know.
- We will give you contact information the day before your camper travels of the staff person that will be dropping off your child at the airport. Our staff will take the kids through security and wait until the plane leaves the tarmac. We will also confirm with you when your camper's flight departs from the airport.
- If your campers do not want to carry luggage for their flights, you are welcome to ship luggage home. You must make arrangements for the pickup at camp. Please coordinate that with us so we can give you the best times for pick up.
- We will have an airport bus taking campers to the airport. There is no cost for that bus on closing day of each session.
Keep reading to find out about Traveling to Camp by Plane.