Travel Home from Camp by Plane
While most of our campers are from Texas or within driving distance, we do have lots of campers that will be flying to and from camp. We will help coordinate arrivals and departures of your children.
Please try to schedule any flights FROM camp on Closing Day to leave between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM from Austin Bergstrom Airport. If that is not possible, please coordinate with us BEFORE you book your flights.
Some general FAQ:
- If possible, please try to make your flights to/from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. This allows us to best coordinate pickups and drops off. If San Antonio Airport is your best option, we can make that work.
- We have a travel agent that will help us book a group flight from Florida for 2nd session. You are not required to choose this flight, but it is usually priced competitively and the campers have fun traveling together. Our travel agent for Florida is Malky Wiesenberg of Jerry Allen Travel (firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-937-1900). There is also usually a group flight returning to Los Angeles for 2nd session, so please contact us if you would like that information.
- If your child is flying on one of our organized group flights, we will send staff to fly with the campers both to and from camp.
- If your child is flying alone, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the airline’s unaccompanied minor policies. We ask that you pay the unaccompanied minor fees ahead of time to make your kids' travel as easy as possible.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you fill out your transportation form with all of the flight information. That is what we will use to coordinate pick ups and drop offs. If your travel plans change for any reason, please let us know.
- We will give you contact information the day before your camper travels of the staff person that will be dropping off your child at the airport. Our staff will take the kids through security and wait until the plane leaves the tarmac. We will also confirm with you when your camper's flight departs from the airport.
- If your campers do not want to carry luggage for their flights, you are welcome to ship luggage home. You must make arrangements for the pickup at camp. Please coordinate that with us so we can give you the best times for pick up.
- We will have an airport shuttle taking the campers to the airport. The cost of that shuttle is $20 each way and will be charged to your CampInTouch account.
Keep reading to find out about Traveling to Camp by Plane.
For reference, the Group Flights we have booked for Summer 2018:
6/17/18: SW #2640, dep El Paso 10:25 am, arr San Antonio 12:50 pm
7/9/18: SW #4, dep San Antonio 10:05 am, arr El Paso 10:30 am
7/15/18: SW #4861, dep Ft Lauderdale 11:30 am, arr San Antonio 1:30 pm
8/6/18: SW #2288, dep Austin 10:30 am, arr Ft Lauderdale 2:20 pm
8/6/18: Delta #2432, dep Austin 2:30 pm, arr Los Angeles 3:35 pm