Travel Home from Camp by Plane
Our staff will bring all campers who are flying home to the airport at least an hour before their flight on Closing Day. We ask that all flights home depart from Austin Bergstrom Airport between 11 am and 2 pm. For flights outside of this timeframe, please coordinate with us BEFORE you book your flights.
Some general flight FAQ:
- If possible, please try to make your flights from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. This allows us to best coordinate drops off. If San Antonio Airport is your best option, we can make that work. We ask that flights from San Antonio depart between 10am and 3pm.
- Our staff will take the campers through security and wait until the plane leaves the tarmac. We will also confirm with you when your camper's flight departs from the airport.
- Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the airline’s unaccompanied minor policies. We ask that you pay the unaccompanied minor fees ahead of time to make your child's travel as easy as possible.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you fill out your transportation form with all of the flight information including the flight's confirmation number. If your travel plans change for any reason, please let us know.
- If your campers do not want to carry luggage for their flights, you are welcome to ship luggage home. You must make arrangements for your child's luggage to be shipped from camp by sending a PDF of a luggage label from UPS or Fed Ex. Email these PDFs to email@example.com.
- There will be an airport bus taking campers to the airport on closing day for no additional cost.
Keep reading to learn about Opening day, Closing Day, and Traveling to camp by plane