Illness and Emergency
For emergencies or illnesses which call for medical attention beyond the scope of our facilities, the camper will be taken to the local doctor or Emergency Room. For any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that may occur, charges for physician’s services, emergency room fees, and medications will be billed directly to the camper’s parents or their health insurance carrier. Therefore, every camper must be covered by a health insurance policy while at Camp.
You’ll be contacted by the Camp Nurse regarding your child’s health only if:
- The camper is confined to the Health Center overnight.
- The camper is a frequent visitor to the Health Center (more than 2 visits about the same issue)
- The camper requires appointments with services or physicians outside of camp.
- The camper requires a new prescription.
- The camper requires transportation off site for emergency treatment and/or medical evaluation due to injury.