Camp Prep #1: Transportation
Welcome to our Camp Prep series, where we walk through everything you need to know to get you ready for the summer. Let’s start with transportation to and from camp.
Getting to Camp – Bus, Car, or Plane?
- The camp experience truly begins on the bus – getting to know other campers and staff, learning cheers and songs. So, we recommend that you send your child to camp by bus. Not only does taking the bus help campers transition into
campmode, it also helps the parents with their “goodbyes.” The fee for the bus ride is $25 from Austin and San Antonio and $40 from Houston and Dallas. See our Knowledge Base for detailed bus meeting times and places .
- Some parents will want to drive their kids to camp on opening day. We ask that campers arriving by car be in line outside of the camp gate by 11:00 am on opening day. If you drive your child, please plan on leaving as soon as your child is settled so that we can get started on the activities for the day - by 12:30 pm at the latest.
travellingby air can fly into Austin or San Antonio, whichever has the best flights. Our airport shuttle will bring your children to camp from either airport – the shuttle fee is $25. Please schedule flights to arrive between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm in the morning so that we can better coordinate trips to the airport and make sure that all campers arriving by air get to camp early and don’t miss any of the day’s activities.
- While we encourage you to send your kids to camp on the bus, we invite your family to join us at camp for Closing Day at 11:00 am. Your kids will be excited to introduce you to their counselors and give you a tour of their cabins and favorite spots at camp. We will treat you to lunch before you head back home.
- Because camp ends on a Monday, we know that not everyone will be able to make it to camp for Closing Day. We offer buses home to the 4 major Texas cities - $25 to Austin and San Antonio and $40 to Houston and Dallas. See our Knowledge Base for detailed bus arrival times and places.
- Those campers flying home should schedule flights from either San Antonio or Austin, and between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm, so that we can best coordinate trips to and from the airports.
- Our Nitzanim A Campers can get to camp the same ways as our 3-week campers, but will need to be picked up by parents at Camp at 11:00 am on their Closing Day.
- Our Nitzanim B Campers will need to be driven to camp for their Opening Day, arriving by 11:00 am. They can go home the same ways as our 3-week campers.
- Our Mini Mensch campers will need to be driven to and from camp for both their Opening and Closing Day, with parents arriving at camp by 11:00 am both days.
Other important travel notes
- If anyone other than a parent is picking up your child from camp, please let us know. You can note it on your transportation form or email us in the office before closing day.
- Please make sure that you complete your transportation form thoroughly and update it if anything changes. For logistical and safety reasons, we need to know exactly which kids will be traveling by each mode and when they are coming and going. You can find your transportation form along with the rest of the forms in your CampInTouch account.
- If you need driving directions to camp, print them out from our Knowledge Base or plug 121 Camp Young Judaea Rd, 78676 into your GPS.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-723-8354. You can also search our Knowledge Base to learn more about not only transportation,
Next up in Camp Prep series: Food!