Camp Prep #7: Camper Care & Medical Teams
In this edition of the Camp Prep Series, we tell you more about our Camper Care and Medical teams. These two teams work behind the scenes to keep your campers happy and healthy, so they can fully enjoy all that camp has to offer.Camper Care
- Stays overnight in the Health Center
- Visits repeatedly for the same issue
- Needs to see a physician outside of camp for either a routine or emergency service
- Needs a new prescription
- Double check your Health History Form. ALL medications (even over-the-counter) that you send with your camper MUST be listed on your Health History form. If you send something not listed the nurses will call to verify before administering those medications, which will result in delays. Also, please enter the number of pills that you are sending as we will count them when you arrive at camp. Like the Camper Profile, this form can be updated even after it’s submitted, so please review it ASAP.
- Speaking of over-the-counter medications...there is no need to send them unless they are specifically for allergies. We have most everything else in stock, and you can give us permission to give those to your children in your Health History Form.
- Please pack ALL medications together in one Ziploc bag that is easily accessible in your luggage to make check-in for camp much easier. Include in the bag a piece of paper with any written instructions (don’t write on the bag, it’s too hard to read and it smudges.) You will be handing this Ziploc bag over to the nurse at camp or to the bus staff when you check-in. Make sure that all prescriptions are current and that medicines are in their original packaging.
- Please do not send gummies, as they melt and stick together. Please do not send liquid medications if your child is able to swallow a pill. And if the proper dosage is a partial pill, please split them before sending them to camp.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. This will reach the CYJ Office Staff. The Office will handle questions about CampMinder, Waldo, logistics, and transportation. If you aren't sure who to email, use email@example.com and your questions will get routed to the right place.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. This will reach our Camper Care team. They will get back to you as soon as possible, but remember they are out and about with your campers most of the day and do not always have immediate access to emails.
- email@example.com. This will reach the Health Center, where the nurses can answer any medical questions or concerns that you have.
Well, this brings our Camp Prep series to an end. We hope this has helped our new parents prepare for their first year at camp and given our returning parents a refresher. And as always…If you have any questions at all as you get ready for camp, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-723-8354. You can also search our Knowledge Base to learn more about not only our Camper Care and Medical teams, but anything else you need to know as you get ready for camp.
We can’t wait to see your campers!
Camp Prep Series: