Join the Board
Like any voluntary organization, CYJ-Texas depends on a committed Board of Directors to serve as partners with our dedicated professional staff. A high-quality Board means greater success in all Camp’s pursuits, so come share your talents and make Camp better for everyone!
Our board members are asked to:
- Understand and define the mission, purpose, and goals of CYJ‐Texas.
- Engage in planning and policy‐setting to ensure that Camp’s mission and goals are realized.
- Attend semi-annual Board meetings, usually held at Camp.
- Act as an ambassador in your community, championing the value of Jewish camps and elevating the name of CYJ-Texas.
- Attend CYJ‐Texas rallies, parlor meetings, and other programs whenever possible and convenient.
- Support the Camp Director and work with the Board to assess his performance.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and assume fiduciary responsibility for CYJ‐Texas.
- Identify like‐minded people who care about Israel and the Jewish future, and invite them to support CYJ financially, lend their expertise, or serve on CYJ-Texas’ Board.
If you have any questions about joining our Board, contact our president, Mark Estes.