How can I give back?
With all of Camp’s moving parts, there’s bound to be a way CYJ can benefit from your talents and passion. Consider what you’d like to see for Camp, and what you would’ve loved as a camper or staff member. You never know… you could have the next big idea for CYJ’s newest upgrades!
There are, of course, more traditional ways to give back, namely donating to one of our ongoing campaigns. While it may seem like a more boring way to contribute, these funds are actually a big deal. They’re our first resources for expanding our facilities, upgrading our programming, and providing tuition assistance for a significant portion of our campers. In some ways, the outcomes of these campaigns shape who we are as a camp.
You can also support Camp by joining us on one of our awesome Year-Round Retreats! We’ve got programs for kids, adult men, and entire families scheduled throughout the year. On top of getting a great little vacation, alumni get to see the way camp has developed, enjoy some timeless CYJ traditions, and even make new friends. (OR you could focus on old friends—these retreats are the perfect setting for CYJ reunions!)
Keep in mind that you don’t need a credit card to give back to Camp; there are plenty of ways to help out CYJ that don’t cost a cent! Here are a few ideas:
- Do you have a skill or practice a profession that could benefit CYJ? If you’re available, consider working as a specialist during the summer, even if only for a short time.
- If you can’t come up yourself, maybe you know someone who can. We’re always open to quality counselors and staff, and you alumni know best who would make a great CYJer. If you think you know someone who would thrive at camp, send them our way!
- That goes double for campers! Let your friends and family know what they’re missing our on and refer them to CYJ!
- If you’ve really caught the giving bug, you could volunteer in a larger way. Consider hosting a camp meet and greet in your area, or even being a part of our illustrious board.
- Give us some feedback! We’re always looking for ways to improve, so if you have any comments or critiques. be sure to share your thoughts!
- Here are some other ways of Giving Back!