It’s just like camp, but mini!
Nitzanim is a special 9 day summer program for kids entering 2nd and 3rd grades. The session is designed to be just the right length—not so long that our young campers feel uncomfortable, but not so short that they miss out on a full camp experience. It offers the same growth and adventures of camp—just in a kid-meal serving size! Participants get to be true members of the camp community, joining the rest of camp at evening programs, daily meals, Shabbat events and more. Unlike our other afternoon topics, the Nitzi education activities are all about getting to know camp. They learn songs, explore the grounds, and get a feel for what CYJ is all about!
There are two Nitzanim options each session, (four per summer):
- Session One: Sunday, June 14th to Monday, June 22nd (Nitzanim A) & Sunday, June 28th to Monday, July 6th (Nitzanim B)
- Session Two: Sunday, July 12th to Monday, July 20th (Nitzanim A) & Sunday, July 26th to Monday, August 3rd (Nitzanim B)
Opening & Closing Day:
- Opening Day: You will share Opening Day with the rest of the campers to start the session. Check out everything you need to know about all-camp Opening Day!
- Closing Day: You will be departing mid-session, so you will have your own Closing Day. There are no buses mid-session, so you will need to pick up your camper at camp. We will open the gates to welcome you at 11:00 am and show you to our Shalom Center. There you will pick up your camper and have a meet and greet with the staff before you say goodbye to camp until next summer!
- Opening Day: You will be staring camp mid-session, so you will have your own Opening Day. There are no buses mid-session, so you will need to bring your camper to camp. We will open the gates to welcome you at 11:00 am and usher you through the check-in process, including lice and temperature checks, meeting the Health Center staff if you have medications, and getting unpacked and settled into the bunk. We ask that parents be on their way as soon as possible so that we can get our campers to lunch and right into afternoon activities.
- Closing Day: You will share Closing Day with the rest of the campers to end the session. Check out everything you need to know about all-camp Closing Day!
We have perfected the packing list for our Nitzi and 3-week campers to make sure they have everything they need and still use just their allocated cubby space. As with all of our campers, we encourage you to have your Nitzanimer pack with you - we find campers feel more confident when they know what they have and where it's packed.