COVID-19 Update - Email March 30th
In order to maintain our “contained camp community” (bubble) throughout the summer, we have made changes to Nitzanim and Segel. We had originally planned to bring in our Nitzanim (11-day) campers into camp a week after the full session campers arrived. We have since moved the program dates so that the Nitzanim campers arrive on Opening Day with the rest of the campers and depart 11 days into the session.
The Segel trip is an incredible experience that our campers look forward to every year at CYJ, and we didn’t want our Segel campers to miss out on the trip. In order to maintain our contained community, we have moved the dates of the Segel trip so that our campers will depart on the trip later into the camp session and go home after the trip ends instead of coming back to CYJ.
Late arrivals and family events during camp:
All campers must arrive on the first day of their session, as we will not be able to allow any late arrivals into camp. This will enable us to create our contained camp community from day one of the session. Additionally, we are not able to accommodate campers who want to attend any events such as weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc., that would require them to leave camp and then return a few days later.
In order to make outdoor programming more comfortable this summer, we have installed new shade structures around camp. Two shade structures are already in place, and we have contracts signed to install three more before the summer.
We had previously extended our full-refund cancellation deadline to April 1st. We want to update you on our cancellation policy moving forward that account for a world with COVID-19:
- Before April 1st: full refund [No change]
- Between April 2nd and May 1st: full refund less $500 deposit [No change]
- After May 1st: No refunds except a 50% refund if canceling for COVID-related reasons (Please note our normal policy is no refunds after May 1. Because of our shared responsibility in preventing COVID, we expect to share the financial burden if your camper cannot attend camp due to COVID.)
In the case of a positive test result:
- If PCR test before arrival or rapid test on Opening Day is positive, we will conduct a second test. If the camper is still positive you may:
- Make arrangements for a late arrival after a quarantine period, and tuition will be prorated for days missed
- Cancel and receive a 50% refund
- If the camper arrives COVID-free and contracts COVID while at camp and has to go home, a tuition refund will be prorated for days missed